Which Hot Tub and Swim Spa Safety Accessories Do You Need?From adding convenience to preventing accidents, there are a few hot tub and swim spa accessories that can help you create a safe and worry-free environment. Here are the top choices to consider:
1. Safety StepsClimbing in and out of a hot tub or swim spa isn’t always easy, especially when there’s water all around. It can be even more challenging for people with mobility issues. When you have safety steps, entering and exiting the spa is easier and safer. Look for sturdy steps that can handle wet conditions, as well as those with non-slip surfaces. It’s also a good idea to check the height – it shouldn’t be too high or too low.
2. Supporting RailsHandrails can give you something to hold onto when you need some extra help staying steady while getting in and out of the spa. Usually made from durable materials like stainless steel or coated aluminum, they’re rust-resistant and easy to grip even when wet. If you have a swim spa, grab bars can support you while in the water. They can help you maintain balance when you’re swimming against the current or doing aquatic exercises.
3. Anti-Slip MatsAs mentioned, the space surrounding your hot tub or swim spa can get pretty slippery. Non-slip mats and rugs can make it safer to walk around the area. They usually have a textured surface that provides a secure footing. Just remember to choose ones designed to withstand water exposure as well.
4. High-Quality CoverA durable spa cover is one of the most important accessories for hot tubs and swim spas. Not only does it help maintain water temperature and cleanliness, but it also keeps curious little ones or pets from getting into the water when unsupervised. Make sure that the cover you choose perfectly fits your hot tub or swim spa, leaving no gaps. You can also choose one with a lock feature for added security.
5. Cover LifterA cover lifter is a practical accessory that allows you to effortlessly remove the cover and store it away, keeping it off the ground and away from water or dirt. It can also prevent unnecessary strain on your back and body when handling the cover.
6. Proper LightingWell-placed lights can help you see clearly in low-light conditions, which can reduce the risk of slips and falls. This means you can enjoy your hot tub or swim spa at night or during foggy days.
7. Emergency Kit
Having an emergency kit near your hot tub or swim spa is a smart move, just in case. It can include basic first aid supplies, a flashlight with extra batteries and an emergency phone. Use a waterproof container and put it somewhere accessible to be ready for unexpected situations.
When you’re in your hot tub or swim spa, the last thing you want is to worry about safety. With these accessories, you can kick back and relax – while knowing you’ve covered all the bases. If you want to learn more about choosing the best hot tub or swim spa for your home, download our free buyer’s guide now.