How long does a hot tub last? Generally speaking, a hot tub’s lifespan is upwards of 20 years, but by understanding how to maintain it, you can help ensure that it’s in great working condition for a very long time. Below, we’ll provide you with the top tips on what you can do to increase the lifespan of your hot tub!
The Average Lifespan of a Hot Tub
When it comes to the average lifespan of a hot tub, most experts agree that you can expect it to last anywhere from 15 to 20 years. However, some factors can impact this number.
First, the quality of the hot tub will make a difference. If you invest in a high-quality hot tub from a reputable manufacturer, you can expect it to last longer than a lower-quality option. Doing a bit of research on the manufacturer, including what their reputation is like and what their spas are made of, will go a long way. An example of a leading hot tub brand is Hydropool. They have 50 years of experience in high-quality hot tubs and spas made in Canada. They’re known for collections that are not only designed with advanced features but are also sustainable and reliable. For more information on Hydropool hot tubs, you can get in touch with your local hot tub dealer
The next factor that will affect the lifespan of your hot tub is how well you take care of it. Hot tubs require regular cleaning†
and servicing to keep them running smoothly. Neglecting this can lead to expensive repairs down the line, or even cause your hot tub to stop working. It’s important to strike the right balance of maintaining the health of your hot tub, while not worrying every day if you aren’t. After all, hot tubs are made to be enjoyed!
How Long Each Running Part Will Likely Last
Now, you might also be wondering how long each individual part is supposed to last. Here’s a look at some of the most important parts of your hot tub and how often you can expect them to need replacing:
The Shell and Cabinet
– These parts are typically made from fibreglass or acrylic, and they can last for the entire lifespan of the hot tub or about 20 to 30 years. However, the finish on the shell and cabinet can start to show wear after a while, so you may need to refinish them at some point to keep them looking their best. Wiping, hosing, and checking for leaks from time to time will also prolong the life of these parts.
The Pumps and Heating System
– With regular maintenance, you can expect the pumps and heating system to last about 7 to 10 years. These parts are exposed to a lot of water, which can cause corrosion over time. That’s why it’s important to clean†
them and check for any leaks or damage regularly.
– Thanks to a hot tub’s jets, you can enjoy a relaxing massage while you soak. These parts are typically made from stainless steel or plastic and, with proper care, they can last about 7 to 10 years. However, to prevent cracking or clogging with debris, ensure you’re regularly cleaning†
and keeping the water’s pH balance at 7.2 to 7.8
Simple Tips to Extend a Hot Tub’s Lifespan
Now that you know a bit more about how long hot tubs are supposed to last, here are some simple tips you can follow to help extend their lifespan:
- Regularly clean† the filter and check the pH levels of the water.
- Keep the area around your hot tub free of debris.
- Make sure that lotion, sunscreen, and makeup are removed before using the hot tub.
- Have it serviced by a professional at least once a year.
- Invest in a quality hot tub from a reputable manufacturer.
If you want your hot tub to last for many years, following these tips can help. Taking care of your hot tub will extend its lifespan and ensure you enjoy it to the fullest. Download our free buyer’s guide for more information on choosing the perfect hot tub for your home.